Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Two Stout Lego Men - Part 1

Two Lego figurines at night (the guy that came with the mechanics shop and an astronaut):

“Truman Capote. Somerset Maugham.”
“They depress me.”
“Translations depress me.”
“People don’t live their lives like they want to. They live their lives as if they were reading from a script.”
“You mean their jobs, their school, their wife, their kids?”
“More than that. I mean their entire outlook on life. What passes for their morality. When they are presented with an unusual situation, they don’t make up their own minds about it. Novel situations seemingly demand fallback routines of the sheep, I guess that is what I am trying to say.”
“Rote is safe.”“Safe is boring. Life is short.”

3 Comments:

Blogger Balázsy András said...

I had translation to do and then I fell asleep at 5:45pm my time (that would be 11:45am your time). I just woke up now (3:30am my time)

3:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do not agree.
"Safe" and "Routine" are not necessarily boring.
For me, "safe" is associated with strenght, self-confidence and trust. When nothing can go wrong.
"Routine" means good skills and performance level, something you are so damn good at that you cannot make a mistake.
Just think positively.

4:28 PM  
Blogger Balázsy András said...

Some of those gypsy werewolves are REALLY hot. Long silky black hair, gigantic boobies, sparkling dark eyes... oh yes. And they bite! (not that I would ever be interested in meeting a gypsy werewolf. nossiree.)

For me, I associate strength with my LIGHTSABER (it's the purple one). Safe is associated with my golden palace on my island kingdom (with the hot palace guards in their hottie evil cheerleader uniforms) and definitely not with working in a cubicle. In other words, I agree with this cube of sugar (pointing at sugarcube)

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home