Thursday, May 19, 2005

Dump

I will try to write this out again.

I will not have my head carved open with a hand operated saw (again) so they can stick a footlong needle into my brain, followed by a fishing line with a radioactive isotope, while I am watching, AWAKE. Not again. The chance for serious brain damage the second time around is much greater. So if this PET scan is positive, I am not going under the knife.

Of course, without surgery, I would die, well after I turned into drooling vegetable, slowly but surely as the tumor grows. This is not something I will accept. I have pretty much determined to go out quickly while I still leave a good looking corpse and I still possess the faculties for a graceful exit.

Summary: you might want to download the archives if you are attached to them.

Good looking corpse note: By the time I am scheduled for my PET scan, for the first time in my life, I will actually have perfect teeth! If I am exhumed, I will totally turn on the good looking, sexy coroner...

2 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Wow. Quite a post.

I've been thinking for hours about what to say. What is there to say that's not hollow, or trite, or even selfish?

I hope you stick around, but I can understand why you wouldn't.

Just don't do anything rash, ok? I know almost nothing about this, but what's to say you don't have months or even years of good time left? Is euthanasia legal in Hungary? Can you talk this over with your doctor?

11:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mom's friend has just been diagnosed with breast cancer, which by all accounts is not as serious as your condition. But it's the first time I've been struck by the mortality of man.

I applaud your courage in publishing your experience and especially, your great sense of humor! Be sure you never lose that!

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home