Monday, May 16, 2005

Oh my god

I just found this article about this guy who was at the same hospital where I am being treated. Oh my god. Translation from the Hungarian is as follows:

The investigation is likely to conclude on Friday concerning the forgotten corpse in the ER of Saint John's hospital. They simply forgot about the 42 year old man after they determined he was dead, and did not transport him to the morgue freezer. They only started to concern themselves about the missing corpse after three days, when the relatives could not find the remains in the hospital's morgue. Hospital management does not wish to make a statement until the investigation is complete, but they already stated that the examining doctor is not at fault, as his job is simply to save the life of the patient, after which (if unsuccessful) after registering the death, it is up to the sick carriers and the coroner to cart away the corpse. Nepszava (this daily) has been informed that the unfortunate man was brought in at the end of April from another hospital's psychiatric ward where he jumped out of the window. After he was admitted, they wanted to do a CT scan, but his condition deteriorated extremely quickly and he could not be saved.

This was the whole article. What creeps me out is that I KNOW THIS GUY. This was his second jump. He was two beds from me in that same hospital room where I was treated. This is the second dead man I know of from the SAME BED.

I am going to make some coffee.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Shit. Is there any way I could talk you into naming me your beneficiary on a million dollar insurance policy?

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home