Monday, May 09, 2005

Deeply Suspicious

So I am now deeply suspicious.
I went to the language school up the street because I was bored and my laptop is still dead. I thought - hey, I will sign up with them, do some translations, make a quick buck.

They had no translations for me. All they had for me is an emergency fill in to teach HUNGARIAN at this company nearby.

Actual conversation between teacher who came down with the flu (TF) and TWP:

TWP: "Hi! So what kind of students are these?"
TF: "Normally it is two girls and a guy, but the guy is totally snowed in so it will only be the two girls."
TWP (after an infinitisimally short pause): "Go on."
TF: "They are both English, very attractive, in their late 20-s. One of them is in HR the other is in marketing. They are very consciencious, they speak pretty good Hungarian already. Did they give you the textbook?"
TWP: "Yes, I am looking at it now."
TF: "Don't worry about the grammar. Just concentrate on roleplaying the situations, the vocabulary, and give them homework."
TWP: "Sure, I can do that. What chapter...?"
TF: "We just wrapped up sports. What chapter comes after sports?"
TWP (totally deadpan and staring at chapter in book): "Dating."

Actual roleplay from textbook:

"Oh no. I must get ready! Szemes (this village) is coming up."
"Is that so? Time flies when I sit next to someone as hot as you."
"Oh stop it! You are such a flirt!"
"You will at least permit me to visit you in Szemes? I will take you sailing."
"That will be great."
"In the meantime, be well! ... Wait, I will help you get off."

I am taking the train to this town west of here where H2C is taking me to a party. I am also going horseback riding with my herniated disks before I return the next day to be devoured by hot english chicks. So something has GOT TO GIVE.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

I'm pretty sure your head is going to explode soon. Any time now.

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home