Sunday, May 15, 2005

My Cartoon Post

Robots and chicks figure prominently in my favorite cartoons.

***** Voltron: This was great. First of all, the dogs (ok, they were supposedly lions) were cool. You turned them on with a key and they merged into a big nasty robot with a gigantic sword. This was also the only cartoon I have ever seen where the pilot episode KILLED OFF one of the good guys. Furthermore, the Princess was just absurdly hot with a tiny waist and luscious boobies. So she was mostly useless. So what. She was great eyecandy - without her that team would have fallen apart.

*** Transformers: This was okay in the beginning. No chicks though, and later on the whole thing just became plug stupid.

**** Robotech: Now this one was great. First of all, it did not even try to disguise the fact that it was just a soap opera with robots. It had a beauty paegant in space, for God's sake. The series is particularly fabulous because Earth keeps getting annihiliated with the hope for starting over somewhere else totally fucked due to the lack of protoculture (sort of a soylent green of the soul used as gasoline for starships).

** He-man: Ok, no space or what not... But Evillyn was just so hot in her tight spandex black and blue outfit and perfect nails. Unfortunately, I cannot support a show wholeheartedly where the main character is a total pansy with a cat.

***** The Smurfs: I love these guys. And girl. I love her. I like the villain. I like the houses/mushrooms. I like the plotline. Wow. I like the themesong. I just wish it was the other way around. One guy, 48 chicks. Oh well.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

I never watched much of the other cartoons you mentioned, but Robotech was the bomb back in it's day.

I remember watching that show weekday afternoons on UHF channel 66 from Aurora, Illinois. It was grainy and it would cut out now and then, but it was so worth it.

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home