Monday, June 27, 2005

I am so godforsakenly hot

and I do not mean that in the positive way. What I mean is that I am melting. I am wearing black from head to toe and it is 85 degrees (which means that it is really 120, not because of the humidity, it is all mental). People here have no heat tolerance - repatriated Hungarians adopt this stance quickly, resulting in a distressing inability to cope with heat. So there.

I am leaving to go to Siofok (the Fort Lauderdale of Hungary, it is really cheesy and what not) for three weeks of spine treatment, so I will not be around at all, most likely, so read through my archives and leave comments dripping in sad metaphors.

On an unrelated note, I have consumed dreadful Chinese food for lunch. In a strange effort at appealing to the Hungarian palate, the local Chinese places have embraced the concept of Paprika with a vengeance, resulting in strange, esoteric fusion dishes that have no resemblance to actual Chinese food.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't you arrange for the spine treatment people and their gazillion-dollar equipment to come to you? Tell them it's really important.

7:36 PM  
Blogger Balázsy András said...

Tell the mountain to come to Moses? Is that it? Incidentally they detox everyone at this facility as a matter of course - no smoking, no beer, nothing to distract you at all from healing (well, unless you find someone to have sex with).

7:48 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

"she is just a touch paranoid." Didn't you say something about prefering women with a few issues?

I'm having a really hard time picturing pork lo mein with extra paprika and not being completely revolted by it.

Good luck with your treatment. I hope we see you back here in good health, and soon.

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mohammed.

9:51 PM  
Blogger Balázsy András said...

Mohammed. Ok, now I am utterly humiliated. Not by you, Sarc, by my obvious lack of a classical education. I will pretend this little slip was a result of BRAIN DAMAGE.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

This is turning out to be the longest three weeks in the history of... uh, blogdom.

7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What he said...

4:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your three weeks are up. And I see you lurking.

5:38 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

"Where, oh where has my winged pig gone? Where, oh where can he be?"

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home