Thursday, May 26, 2005

Strangeness in a Strange Land

Have any of you been waiters-waitresses? Because I am writing an article that I will sell to magazines here about the impact of taxing tips. They are about to do that here and nobody has any idea what it will do.

So. If you have a short comment, comment. If you have something longer, send me an email.

Interestingly, in Hungary, tip translates to Wine Money. That made me think of what the term TIP is derived from. Yes. It is grossly sexual. It is derived from hot monkey sex on table 12 between the mysterious stranger in the black coat and the absurdly hot large breasted redhead in the cute waitress uniform (vaguely thinking this imagery might have its roots in She-Hulk's blog).

Actually I found it what it means. http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-tip1.htm
Even the reality has sexual overtones. I prefer to think of it as 'lightly being felt up'. So when you are a waitress and you get a tip, you are being lightly felt up. So slap that bastard and stomp your foot!

2 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Vaguely? Might? Did your imaginary waitress also have a little cartoon thought bubble with something about feminine hygiene products?

8:50 AM  
Blogger She Hulk said...

Haha. Um. I have no idea what you guys are talking about. However, I have been a waitress a couple of times in my life, and I always felt sort of dirty for taking the tip off the table. Besides, I was a clumsy waitress anyway. Just not my cup o' tea....

3:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home