Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Neurological Consultation Devolved Into Advice to Get Laid

"Well, I believe most of your symptoms are psychosomatic. Not all, just most. You think this shunt in your head is a stigma - a lot of people live with a shunt. It is completely normal. All it is is an insurance policy incase those cells start dividing again. You should just relax and stop worrying about it 24-7. If you really want I will take it out - I don't think you need it anymore - but there is always a danger of infection if I touch it, and there is a chance of a brain hemorrhage as well. You are completely healthy compared to the patients in this ward."
"I see."
"Really, what you need is to think about something other than your condition. How have you been doing with the ladies?"
"Uhh?"
"Have you been going out, trying to get some action?"
"...no?"
"How old are you? (subtext: are you some kind of a pansyass sissy?)"
"34"
"Aaah! 34! You should be out there trying to drum up some business."
"I... see. So instead of getting surgery for my spine or correcting the problems with the shunt, I should try to get some action."
"Yes, you've got it. It's mostly just hysterics. Stop worrying so much. You are not really sick."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home