Friday, February 25, 2005

I finally understand Woman

I finally fully understand Woman. I understand her motivations, the root of her angst, her aches, her pains, her every whim. I understand the psychology required to get her to do stuff. All of it. I know what it takes to get her to give me a toy, or to make her eat her vegetables. It is straight up reverse psychology.
"You want to build a castle?"
(She hands me a block and immediately pulls it back. She screams) "I’m not giving it!"
"Well, then don’t give it. I don’t want it."
"I am giving it." (she hands me the block – a moment after I take possession she quickly takes it back)
"Well, if you are not going to give it, I will just let you build the castle yourself."
"I am giving it." (she hands me the block, sour eyed)
"Here we go. Let’s put this yellow one on top of this blue one…"
"No."
"Okay, you put a block on top of this block."
"I am not giving it."
"Uhm. Okay."
"Drink."
"You want something to drink?"
"Drink."
"Okay, let’s go get something to drink. What do you drink?"
"Raspberry."
This conversation is a capsule summary of all female/male interaction.
Note: She demands that you play with her but REFUSES to let you touch her blocks. Only after you have demonstrated your willingness and ability to LEAVE does she let you play with her blocks. Once you have committed to her game on her terms, she abandons the game entirely, in favor of drinking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home