Monday, April 25, 2005

Neurology Blues

So I went to the hospital to get my CT scan with contrast material. They put me in a room and forget me. In an hour, I inquire and this fat, mean nurse tosses me a glass tube and tells me to pee in it. There is no funnel, there is no bottle. There is no way to pee in the tube without peeing on your own hand. Furthermore, there is no indication where I am supposed to undertake this project. I was sort of tempted to just whip it out and ENGAGE, you know, but I really really did not want to turn her on. It would have been just NASTY.

I retreated to the hospital bathroom (sans soap and bathroom tissue, of course) where I procured the necessary sample. I went back and she took my blood. LOTS OF IT.
"You ain't gonna faint on me, are ya?"
"Uhm... No?"
"Good then, we take MORE!"
"Gugh."

Let me tell you about this hospital. It functioned as a poor house during WWII when it was shot up to hell during the siege of the castle. Well, it looks it. It looks like a shot up poorhouse. It is sort of like a scene from Twelve Monkeys, abandoned because nobody would believe it.

I have to spend the night there tomorrow. There should be some good posts out of it. Stand by... There are like two really hot nurses, and one with a cute smile who keeps coming by and talking to me in the middle of the night while the brain tumor patients snore rhythmically. It really is poignant.

2 Comments:

Blogger sic said...

Oh. Well, good luck, and please don't die or anything.

6:13 PM  
Blogger Balázsy András said...

Thank you. I will do that.

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home