Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Mr. Fox and Rabbit - Part (negative) -1

"So. About OOYMFETAI."
"Yes."
"Based on Toad's dying words. What do we know about her?"
Mr. Fox raised a finger. "Well, she just acquired a boyfriend, although she is not yet calling him a boyfriend."
"Hot and heavy?"
"If not now, it will be soon."
"So we don't have a chance in hell."
"No."
"So why are we so bummed?"
"Because we don't have a chance in hell."
"Drink?"
"No."
"Women."
"Yes. Fight fire with fire, I say."
Rabbit sprinkled some cologne on his tail. He picked up the flamethrower. "I will put Dr. Bear out of his misery."
"I think he will off himself anyway when he hears about OOYMFETAI."
"Good point. No reason to waste good fuel." Rabbit dropped the flamethrower on top of Heather who expired immediately. The workers stared at their squashed queen in mute horror, then proceeded to off themselves right away, chop chop.
Mr. Fox stared at the mounting hill of tiny corpses.
Rabbit put a finger against his temple and made the international sign of the trigger pull. "I really have nothing whatsoever to say right now."
"Let's at least bury it."
"Cremate it?"
"We don't want to burn up the tree." Rabbit pulled out the blood stained pictures of OOYMFETAI from his pocket and gently placed Heather's body on the stack. He then flicked open his zippo and lit the pyre.
"Should we sing something?"
"I only know Happy Birthday to You and the Three Kings song mom sang at Christmas."
Rabbit shrugged. "That will do."
"Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Heather...
Happy Birthday to you."
Rabbit softly blew the flame out.

4 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

You've been getting pretty dark lately, Andras. The references here are so blindingly obvious that even I can't miss them.

I'm curious to know what exactly is going on. I'd like to be able to offer advice, or at least be a sounding board for you, but sometimes your writing style is so cryptic that I can't be certain what you're really talking about.

I'd like to be a real friend to you.

7:43 AM  
Blogger sic said...

Erm... Who's Heather? Did I miss something?

5:17 PM  
Blogger Balázsy András said...

Heather is the sadly departed Queen Ant. She was saved from revolution by Rabbit's raspy tongue.

5:29 PM  
Blogger Adrian said...

You're really freaking me out. That's cool.

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home