Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Tragedy

I turned over on my bed and my elbow hit something but I kept going anyway and there was this cracking sound...

I dreaded finding out the identity of this object - and the dread was justified. I broke my Aqua Teen Hunger Force Volume Two Disk Two into three pieces. The one with the Cybernetic Christmas Ghost from the Future episode.

I cannot get this DVD here. ATHF is not sold in this country, at least I have not been able to find it. In addition, if I spent money on ATHF, it was going to be for season 3.

I am still fighting Writer's Block (although I managed about 1000 words this morning); actually, who the hell FIGHTS writer's block? Writer's block is just an euphemism for lack of discipline and laziness. I know this because when I FORCED myself to write 2000 words a day I could actually do it.

I know what I will do... I will go downstairs and buy BEER. That should solve my problems. Beer! I am also tempted to buy the new George Martin book (a something something crows). Yeah... A fantasy novel and beer... Yum... Doesn't smack of escapism, does it?

My publisher said YES to the lesbian story. So I have some filth to write as soon as I finish this current project. Let's hear it for the filth!

My lightsaber is not coming after all. Prices for the bloody shipping container have gone through the roof (due to US foreign policy impacting oil prices) and nobody is shipping stuff back here. I AM IRATE. I NEEDED MY LIGHTSABER.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mean Red said...

Have you checked on eBay?

9:39 PM  
Blogger jonny said...

As a matter of interest: how good were the 2000 words?

And did you have an idea of what it was you had to write or were you facing a blank page?

12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home