Sunday, December 18, 2005

Writer's Block

I'm sort of having writer's block.

The story is finished, except for the sorority scene, and I am too bored to go back through it and rewrite it like I should.

I know the ending is overdone and I should permit the reader to make up their own mind... I don't know. I am just musing here.

I suppose I am sort of dreading the moment when the thing gets all done. I will have to send it out to agents and publishers and what not and I will once again be exposed to the cold waves of potential rejection. I hate rejection...

I will also have to come up with something else to write about. Witches on the metro? I think that has potential. I could just write more erotica, of course... I sort of promised to write a lesbian story... Once again I'm just morosely mumbling. Mumbling mumbling mumbling.

Took three panes of wood and tried to make a new frame for my bed... I am an impatient carpenter and the results are wobbly. It feels like I am on board a swaying ship. I dread the crashing sound, by the way, the one that is transformed into some armageddonish scene in your dream, and then the whole thing collapses and the downstairs neighbor comes up and makes a scene. That sound.

3 Comments:

Blogger Coach Leahy said...

Rejection blows, but regret is far worse. Do it right, then to hell with those sob's if they don't like it. You can do it!


Cheers.

8:01 PM  
Blogger Swarthington said...

Rejection sucks. Not worth the risk. I say burn the manuscript and get a nine to five job.

10:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rejection is part of life. Embrace it as such. I'm all for a story about lesbians studying Uranus. Get it?

12:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home