Wednesday, November 16, 2005

.

“Darkness is coming,” said Mr. Fox.
“I know,” Rabbit shrugged and chewed on a carrot. “It had to come sometime.”
“You don’t seem particularly worried.”
“I am not paid to think.”
Dr. Bear said, “But things are … they are going so well. Aren’t they? We have a Suzuki Samurai. We have cheese coming to us. We have … things.”
Mr. Fox waved his paw dismissively. “Things like that don’t matter.”
Slowly, Rabbit spoke: “When the darkness comes, what will become of me?”
“I don’t know, Rabbit.” Mr. Fox looked up, at the open square of sky overhead, velvety black and so full of stars. “I am the one who has to pull the lid shut.”
They looked at one another, for the last time.
Mr. Fox pulled the lid shut.
And darkness came.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's horrifically creepy. Please explain, so my skin can stop crawling.

9:58 PM  
Blogger jonny said...

It was the end of a hard day.

12:15 AM  
Blogger Coach Leahy said...

Poor bastards, nobody deserves that cruel fate...

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home