Thursday, June 08, 2006

Introduction: The Nemesis (a.k.a the Turnip)


Yesterday I decided to eat only root vegetables. I included apples too because they are sort of dense and rootlike if you close your eyes and imagine some fiber.

I obtained 2 (two) turnips, a bunch of carrots and 4 (four) apples, for sustenance. Also bought a bottle of spring water.

Then I went to see my father play chess in his old person's chess club. They watched me suspiciously as I produced the first carrot and began to chomp on it. I offered people carrots but they just sort of looked freaked out.

Then I went home. I was starving so I pulled forth the first turnip (Nemesis) and bit into it.

I am a fan of turnips. They are tasty and dense.

Unfortunately, I broke my tooth (the crown peg thingie broke). I felt a yawning void open up in my gums, a ventilated, unwelcome sensation. I had to mine the turnip to recover the fake tooth (crown).

Now there is a cavernous hole in my mouth. My dentist is one of those Very Good Dentists - if you call him for an appointment Time is viewed on geological scales. So what I will do is actually GO there and make hideous mewling noises like a cat that has been stepped on. Report at 11 (eleven).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your post is full of factual errors. For starters, I don't know if you know this or not, but water is not a root vegetable. Secondly, There is no such thing as a Very Good Dentist. Nor a Good Dentist... Nor even an Okay Dentist. Dentists are inherently Evil. It has been ordained thus.

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home