Saturday, April 01, 2006

Mr. Fox and Rabbit - I am hung over - don't ask what number I'm on

“How should I put this,” began Rabbit.
“Contract scurvy. Worked for me,” suggested Mr. Fox. He was nearly done with the dessert.
Rabbit’s ears twirled around one another, forming a scepter of uncooked gristle. “I know we are standing before the palace of cheese; nevertheless, I vote for becoming a shoe designer for Prada.”
“You’re only saying this because you have a shoe fetish,” growled Dr. Bear. “And because I ate all the berries.”
“Fair enough,” sighed Rabbit, examining this web site: http://www.orientvisual.com/6inchforever/frames.htm
“I have decided to go on a really cool bike tour tomorrow.” He finally said it, the statement accentuated by a violent nasal twitch.
Dr. Bear raised a paw. “I can ride a bike.”
“A unicycle.”
“As long as you wear the hat and the… what do you call it… the nose.”
“Yes, the big red nose.”
“I finished my book,” said Mr. Fox, selfishly monopolizing the remnants of the conversation. “The one about the psychotic chick and the magpies.”
“In the expanded Star Wars universe there is an Imperial Remnant,” said Dr. Bear helpfully.
“So?” smirked Rabbit. “I finished my book a year ago.”
“Yeah… That one is an all time classic. Will it be marketed in the back rooms of video stores, wrapped in shiny black plastic?”
“I don’t really know,” said Rabbit, uncomfortable. “But I know that they photoshopped the cover image. I’m a touch nervous about it, truth be told...”
“Dr. Bear, what’s your book gonna be on?”
“I think… I will write about Protein Mining.”

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope the hangover status is the direct result of celebrating (a birthday? finishing your book? hanging out with buddies?) and not lonesome drinking in your room, to heal the hurts or possible frustration over a literary project.
Best wishes,
DH

5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I read it in three years and four months, when I have time again?

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home