Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Things

I'm not going to talk about the crying in detail.
I am kind of like Jiggle Billy after he met Happy Time Harry.

I like Columbo; he is the fast food of cop shows. You know what you're gonna get, exactly. My issue with Columbo is that he is an old, decrepit dude who keeps hanging out with the murderer, completely alone and vulnerable, even after he showed the perpetrator how he did the deed. This is where the show usually ends.

I would tag on an extra 3 minutes where the murderer kicks the shit out of Columbo's withered ass and takes off to Mexico with the stolen painting where he lives on in a life of sybaritic luxury.

So, for those of you with knowledge of banking, I pose unto ye a question: I have a check drawn on a London bank in british pounds and I want to cash it but I can't do that since there is no Barclays in Budapest. What are my options? Do I have to deposit it? Where in the name of hell do I pay taxes on it? Here or there? Cause taxes here are a killer. I had to go and find me a London publisher. I'm a moron.

2nd book is up to 90000 words and it's semi-polished-done. I am sort of pleased about that.

Had beansoup today. It was rather TASTEEE.

I'm forlorn.

How are you?

Blogs are selfish things. Let's not talk about ME ME ME for a second. How are YOU? I'm really interested in this. What did you have for breakfast and why? Describe your dog's eyes! Have you ever grown beans in a pot? Have you ever eaten flowers, and if so, what did it taste like? Would you do it again?

4 Comments:

Blogger Mean Red said...

I had a bacon buttie because I wanted one. I haven't had a dog since I was a child. Haven't grown beans in a pot but when I was in primary school we grew mustard cress in damp cotton wool. I don't think I've ever eaten flowers but apparently as a toddler I used to bring in worms and frogs to my mum and try and get her to kiss them.

2:35 AM  
Blogger Balázsy András said...

What is a buttie? What does mustard cress look like? I approve of the worm/frog move. I bet she tells that story all the time.

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bored.
A protein bar with carob and almonds (because it was handy) and a bagel with cream cheese and spinach (because I was still hungry) and bad coffee (because it was free).
Round and brown. All four of them.
No.
When I was a child I chewed on a rose petal because I read in a book that it was good. It was not, so no, I would not do it again.

5:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As to the cheque, it should not matter what bank it is drawn on, but whether or not your bank account allows you to deposit foreign funds. If it does, you just deposit and all the sorting gets done for you. If not, you may need to set up an account with a bank that allows such things. The cheque will (in all likelihood) be held for a while.
Two possible loopholes: If your credit card company allows foreign funds, you may be able to deposit the cheque into it as a payment. If none of the options above work, you may have to resort to the outrageous cheque-cashing fees of a money-mart-like institution.

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home