Tuesday, August 16, 2005

My Family Was Killed by Ninjas

I went to see Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds on this island in the Danube with Chain Smoking Accountant. It was a great concert - unfortunately, my neck froze up two hours into it and we had to leave right after the concert was over so I could lay on my back and think morose thoughts.

Well.

I duly recommend the island ("Sziget") to anyone who comes to Budapest this time of year. It is essentially this vast green space full of trashed teens and twenty somethings smoking pot, bunji jumping from this extremely tall crane, and rappelling off of this vast scaffolding you have to climb up unto. Needless to say I did not do these things but I really wanted to. There were a thousand beer tents and cigarette booths and free internet somewhere (which we did not find).

We passed by this guy (maybe 18) who was sitting around with a sign in his lap.

"Ninjas killed my family.
Need money for Kung-fu lessons."

I thought about giving him money then I decided not to.

I am really sick of this herniated disk crap.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

I would've probably given that guy money just to reward his creativity.

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home